To kick off with your new business registration, one is required to have certain vital details before the entire business registration process will commence at the Registrar General’s Department (RGD).
In this article we will look at some common vital information you generally need to have readily available to enable you proceed with your business registration.
We will look at these details in two folds:
- Business Information
- Business Owner’s Information
- BUSINESS INFORMATION:
- Business name: One must have a name for your business and should be free of ambiguity, should be unique in a way that distinguishes it from any existing business name that already exists in the system at RGD. Here is a guide on how to choose a business name: https://www.launchapp.co/choosing-a-name-for-my-new-business/
- Principal activity/ Nature of Business: One must have a clearly defined business activity (activities) void of generalisation and ambiguity. This helps in the industrial classification of any business activity one intends to undertake. This also prevents any undue delay in the registration process as there will not be any queries to slow down the process.
- Business address information: Generally, every business is operated from a known location. It is therefore required that a business owner provides every detail about the business’s address. This includes details such as house address, landmark close to the business address, building / flat name where available, region, city and district in which the business is located. One also needs to indicate whether the business premises is rented, free use or owner occupied. The business’s postal address also needs to be provided.
- Digital address: Over the last year, we have had the digital addressing system in full swing in Ghana. It is therefore a mandatory requirement for every individual to have a digital address both for his/her place of business and personal residence.
- Business Contact Information: This detail requires the phone number(s), business email address, website address and postal address of the business.
- SME Details: This field requires you to provide details of your envisaged annual revenue and number of employees; these figures can be projections. If you will use projections, it is advised that one uses realistic numbers.
- BUSINESS OWNER’S INFORMATION:
- The business owner(s) is also required to provide his or her personal details like full name, date of birth, age.
- Tax Identification Number (TIN): This is a unique ID every individual who is 18 years or above needs to get from the Ghana Revenue Authority to facilitate most statutory forms and documents.
- Residential address : Just like the business address information, the business owner needs to provide details such as house number ,landmark close to the business address, building / flat name where available, region, city and district in which the business is located. One also needs to indicate whether the business premises is rented, free use or owner occupied.It is very important to note that the business address information can be the same as the business owner’s address information if the business owner is operating from his residence.
- Contact Details: The business owner(s) needs to provide a phone number(s), email address and personal postal address.
- Signature of the business owner(s): It is mandatory for every and any registration form submitted to the Registrar General’s Department for further processing to be duly signed by the business owners. Provision has however been made for persons who cannot read or write and sign to use their thumb prints.
Do you need further clarification or assistance on what to do to get your business satisfactorily registered with absolutely no stress and pressure? Give us a call now on 0302 295 1447 or visit our website on www.launchapp.co to chat with our customer service agents.